Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Universal 7

As i just had to get a 2nd copy for a friend of mine it reminded me that I could post this absolutely nice 12“ in here as well so here we go with…

UNIVERSAL 7. Unfortunately I don’t have any further information bout the crew but this wax got my attention back then when it also got mad airplay in my country. The two banger-tracks were released on the that time very young Rawkus label (in 1996: this was one of the first releases to appear there!) and still it is a very underrated record. You can easily find this wax on various locations and always for very decent prices…
To the content: on the main side Universal 7 brings the first great tune titled “talk that talk” – man you rarely get the chance to listen to such smooth gems and this is one of those! The flipside has another gem ready for you that is called “ain’t a damn thing” – and this tune is killing me too!
All in all a super dope twelve that is mad recommended to also find a place in your crates!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post ral278! I only knew the firts beat but the other one is even better!

Unknown said...

i like this record,
thanks ral

Ralven said...

Talk that talk reminds me of old times. Nice one.

Anonymous said...

yo ROLPH, very nice post. 2 smashing tracks. Remember the times in BNC, when Onur spun the wheels. Do yo got? Pz out Hightower

ral278 said...

hightower my man! sure remember that "jam"! gonna give sum greetz to onur from u since we be spinnin some wax together this evening!
peez!

nedd2 said...

Haha ral,
good post,
i love this wax,and yeah you find this for good price,
Is not the 1st rawkus release rolf?
Pazzze!
Nedd

rxmex said...

Universal is an excellent topic, I love the information that you upload !