Friday, March 13, 2009

DES

Here’s another record from the 4x4 Records label from which we brought you already the release of One Strength.

This vinyl here’s from to me pretty much unknown rapper DES. He released this twelve in 1996 but when you listen to the 2 tracks then you wouldn’t guess so! both tracks are pretty experimental, especially the b-sider “throw ya hands” that has almost no real bass line and only lives with a few well placed beats n samples here n there! The main track “manetane” on the other hand is kinda trying to balance the lack of melody in the b-sider by almost overwhelming the tune with samples after samples…
Nevertheless don’t get me wrong – I really like that record but those tracks are definitely going under the category of “tracks that need to grown on one” and “manetane” grew a lot on me since I got this wax!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't there a rapper called DeS featuring on The East Flashbush Project / Tried By 12?

Anonymous said...

Oh, forgot to thank you for this post, lol.

THANKS alot!

ral278 said...

yeah but what I read in a interview bout east flatbush this DeS only performed on the Tried by 12 and it's remixes, none else. so I'm pretty sure this guy here's another one (also they don't sound the same)...

oh yeah - thanks for the "thanks" ;-)