Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Apocalypse

“skills prevail!” – a good, short and sec statement done by emcee…

The reason why I copped that record wasn’t the “skills prevail” track, which is a very good n grimy one. To me it was all about the b-sider “sex you” that I knew from those great mid-90s mixes we heard on Swiss radio Couleur3 all the time…
One nice fact I just noted is that in discogs you find the entry for the “red-version”, means the one that has the red writing on the label and was obviously released only in 1998.

as you see on my scan this label is with black writing and on my copy it says that this wax was dropped 2 years earlier, in 1996! Label is both times the same – Venom Records.

Apocalypse_skills prevail-12”

Ps: sorry for lower quality on the b-sider. Need to clean that record but didn’t yet have time to do so …

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what? I have never seen that black written one and always thought I have the original 1st press!